Oregon Disaster Medical Team (ODMT) is an independent non-profit 501(c)3 organization of volunteer healthcare professionals who are willing to plan, train and respond to provide relief healthcare services when local, county and mutual aid reserves are overwhelmed due to a mass casualty incident or disaster event.
The team is configured to respond rapidly within Oregon in the event of disaster. One of the primary missions of ODMT is to address urgent and emergent medical issues in the initial 72 hours of a disaster event, before outside agencies can be of assistance. Disaster experience in the U.S. has shown that pre-designated teams of disaster healthcare providers can respond more effectively to assist overwhelmed local resources.
ODMT is truly a statewide team, with members located throughout the Pacific Northwest. Because team members will have primary employment and family responsibilities in their home area in the event of disaster, squads from other regions of the state may be activated in combination or sequentially to the affected area. ODMT's goal is to have members throughout the state, to provide comprehensive and rapid response.
ODMT was formed in 1999. The team is comprised of approximately 125 personnel. ODMT works closely with the Oregon Health Authority, State Office of Emergency Management and our regional federal emergency medical planner.
Team activities have included:
- March 2000 - ODMT members work together with members of the disaster team from Washington to provide austere medical care in rural Haiti.
- July 2000 - ODMT members participated in the medical care of the Subaru Gorge Games.
- March 2001 - Participation in the California Rough and Ready drill.
- July 2001 - Medical support for the Subaru Gorge Games.
- October 2001 - Haiti medical mission.
- May 2002 - Participation in Operation Red Rose exercise.
- July 2002 - Medical support for the Ford Gorge Games.
- February 2004 - Fire & Ice Winter Drill, Mt. Bachelor, Oregon.
- April 2005 - Rural plague drill - Southern Oregon.
- December 2007 - Response to Vernonia, Oregon floods.
- May 2012 - Vigilant Guard - Salem, Eugene, Portland, Oregon with Oregon National Guard and Fire/EMS agencies.
- May 2013 - Yaquina Blue communications and forward assessment team exercise in Western Oregon and the Oregon Coast with Amateur Radio Emergency Services, Peak Radio Association, Oregon Emergency Management and Samaritan Pacific Communities Hospital.
- May 2013 - Operational Synergies and mass casualties exercises in Klamath Falls with the Oregon Air National Guard, 173rd Fighter Wing and 304th Rescue Squadron.
Business Address:Oregon Disaster Medical Team
Department of Emergency Medicine
Oregon Health and Sciences University
3181 Sam Jackson Park Road CDW-EM
Portland, Oregon 97239-9723
Support the work of the Oregon Disaster Medical Team
with your tax-deductible contribution at Paypal:
or by donating your vehicle through donationline.com:
or mail your tax-deductible contribution to:
Oregon Disaster Medical Team
3645 NW Oak Grove Dr
Albany, OR 97321-9362
You can also support ODMT by shopping and participating in the following programs:
- Amazon Smile program See About Amazon Smile for details. Please signup and select the "Oregon Disaster Medical Team" to receive donations from eligible purchases. Then always start your Amazon shopping via smile.amazon.com.
- Fred Meyer's Community Rewards program For those of you who shop at Fred Meyer's using a Rewards Card you can help ODMT receive donations by going online to link your Rewards Card to to ODMT at www.fredmeyer.com/communityrewards. The amount of the donation is related to the total purchases of those enrolled, and it doesn't affect the value of your personal rewards. When making your selection you can find ODMT by name "Oregon Disaster Medical Team" or Organization Number "94013".